Look up, it’s your TikTok Advertising CTR climbing!
TikTok’s “For You Page” just got an advertising uplift with new interactive features. These new additions are available globally for In-Feed Ads and will be unique creative additions that will allow for more customized, engaging ads.
There are two new feature buckets, Standard or Premium. According to TikTok, standard Add-Ons are made to “reach lower-funnel marketing goals, like driving clicks and conversions” while Premium Ads move up the funnel to aid in “brand awareness and community building.”
Premium Add-Ons. The new elements to target the lower funnel include:
- Pop-out Showcase. This image element will lay over the ad with the ability to drive product clicks that can be accompanied by text.
- Gesture. With a tap or swipe, a user can interact to obtain reward credits in the ‘Gesture reward card’.
- Super Like 2.0. This is coming soon but will allow for an even more visuals after a user likes an ad, including a pop up card after the like.
Standard Add-Ons. The new elements to target the mid/upper funnel include:
- Display Card. Visually showcase brand messaging or offers via Display Card that transcends the standard card format.
- Gift Code Sticker. Contrary to the TikTok release, these arguably target the lower funnel as viewers can click for a code and copy it before heading to purchase.
- Voting Sticker. Leverage the community for their input with a traditional-looking voting sticker.
- Countdown Sticker. Slap additional information over an ad for upcoming releases or important dates.
Does it Matter?
These creative new ad featured are a great way to increase CTR on your TikTok Ads, making your eCPM more effective, and potentially increasing Conversion Rate. According to TikTok “viewers who have shared, liked, or commented on a TikTok brand video are 150% more likely to buy a product or service” and these new elements will surely help with that interaction.